Company: POKÉMON USA
The Pokémon Learning League is a web-based series of standards-driven, interactive, and animated lessons for children in grades three through six. Each lesson consists of several minutes of animation that perfectly blends educational content with one of the world’s most recognized brands, explaining each concept in the style of a mini episode, followed by two interactive sequences where children can be tested on their comprehension.
Working off of initial scripts, I oversaw all storyboarding, animating, and production of 140 different lessons and 500+ minutes of animation, directly managing over 15 animators.
Pokémon Learning League went on to receive wide recognition, including:
- 2008 SIIA CODIE Award for Best Instructional Solution for Students at Home
- 2008 SIIA CODIE Award Finalist for the Best K-12 Instructional Solution
- 2007 AEP Distinguished Achievement Award for K5 Science Instruction
- 2007 BESSIE Award in the category of Multi-Subject Website for Upper Elementary
- iParenting Media Awards Outstanding Products of 2007 Website Winner
- 14th Annual Teachers’ Choice Awards for the Classroom
- Learning Center’s 12th Annual Education Software Review Awards
- The National Parenting Center’s Seal of Approval